As we near the end of 2018, it is that time to reflect on the year past and plan for the year ahead. This post is the set out my reading and blog goals for 2019, with my 2018 wrap up posts coming in the next few days.
To the people who liked and commented on my early posts over the summer, thank you very much. I really appreciate it and hope to follow/interact with you all going forward. Without further delay my reading goals for 2019:
- Read a total of 52 books in 2019.
I beat that total this year, but as well as being a slow reader, I am also a fan of film and TV. So I always want to leave myself room for a reading slump in which I may not read for a little while. Note, as well as physical books I include e-books, graphic novels, audio books and re-reads toward my reading target.
- Reduce my book buying habits, (2 read for every book bought).
Despite a multi-year reading slump whilst I was at University, I continued to purchase books. Although I have gradually been increasing my reading, since gaining a full time job I have definitely been on a book buying binge. As such, I have a huge To Be Read list. Therefore I have set that for every book I buy, or receive in a subscription box (not including bonus second books), I need to read 2. I will keep a running total here during the year.
- Re-read the Harry Potter series and The Hunger Games Series.It has been a while since I read either series, and I have now have the illustrated editions of the first 3 Harry Potter novels.
- Finish the Grisha trilogy and Six of Crows duology.
- Participate in at least one readathon or reading challenge.
- Get my NetGalley feedback rating above 80% for e-arcs.
For my blog, bookstagram and Goodreads in 2019, I would like to try and improve the following:
- Upload a blog post on average at least one a week.
Hopefully I will be aiming to regularly post book reviews on my blog, (as well as Goodreads), but I also hope to have monthly wrap ups. I have some ideas for things I would like to do, such as subscription box reviews, but I am still developing my ideas for where I would like this blog to go.
- Finish writing my 2018 Goodreads reviews.
I have fallen a little behind on my 2018 Goodreads reviews, as my laptop has not been working so well (after 6 years of dedicated service). I have finally saved for a new laptop, so hopefully I will be able to finish my reviews.
- Add all 2019 read books to my bookstagram highlights.
- Write a wrap up for 2019, and 2020 reading goals.
I am hoping in 2019, I will able to find a style across all platforms. Especially on my bookstagram, as I haven’t yet found a person style that I really enjoy or that I can consistently stick with.
Have you set any reading goals for 2019? If so, what are your main goals? I’d also love to hear if you have any specific books that you feel you have to get read in 2019?